Since this post (english version here thx to embe ;)) I fixed many genre tags inside my library (“Electronic” was a too much generic tag in the most of the cases), I wrote a custom Bash script to do the iTunes Lbrary.xml to CSV conversion and I did some diagrams using Apple Numbers.
The diagrams and the tables are based on my personal library of 43.057 netaudio tracks (316 Gb) and they are very accurate. Anyway, I promise you I will keep finetuning the datas for the next diagrams (I want to reduce that “Misc” value).
I wrote a custom Bash script to retrieve datas because the Songbird plugin I used before (called Metrics) has not been ported to Songbird 7.0 yet, and because my script+Numbers combo is a lot faster and more customizable than Songbird+Metrics combo.
Ok, I wrote enough shit 🙂 Give a look to the diagrams and leave a comment 😉
A nice discussion about these stats is born on Phlow Magazine. Click here to read it.