Did you ever wish to download tons of gigabytes of netlabel stuff in a painless way? Ok, this guide is for you 🙂
I will show you all the coolest tricks to download whole netlabel catalogues with just some clicks 🙂 This guide will show you the basics of this “art” using one netlabel for episode 🙂 This is necessary, because every netlabel website has a different structure, so I will show you the most common cases you could stumble upon.
Before proceeding with this guide, please install all the listed software. Let’s go!
Example 1: Terminal Station netlabel
In this example, I will show you how to download the whole catalogue of Terminal Station netlabel (while i’m writing, the last release is tsa-032) in a painless, organized and fast way.
1. Point your browser to the releases page of Terminal Station netlabel website;
2. Select the portion of the page in which the last published release links reside (in my case, tsa-032), right click, “Selection with DownThemAll” (it’s enlighted in the screenshot..):
3. Now you have two choices: you can download the release as a single archive file (in RAR format) or you can download it as a bunch of single mp3s; when I have both choices, I go for single mp3s, because I must not extract anything after download (-1 step to do) 🙂 Anyway, i will show you both cases:
To download releases as single mp3s (suggested approach):
a. type the destination folder path in field (2); i suggest you to use the scheme “netlabel url without www\release_code“: in this case ..\terminalstation.co.uk\tsa-032;
b. check fields (3a) and (3b), so DownThemAll with automagically select all the JPEG images (useful for cover image) and all the mp3 files linked in that portion of webpage, and it will show em in field (1);
c. when you are ready, you can both start the download (4a) or enqueue the files (4b) to download ‘em later (ex. during night)
To download releases as archives:
4. Both starting or enqueuing the downloads, you will get a window like this:
5. Do steps 2-3 for every release of the catalogue, until you arrive to the first one (tsa-001):
6. If you enqueued the files, you can start the download clicking on the button with “play” icon:
7. When DownThemAll ends its job, you will get a window like this:
8. Now you should have something like this in your Download folder:
If everything is fine, you have already did half of organizing work 🙂
Now you just have to tag tracks and listen to them 🙂